By default, D2L gives uploaded files the title you have used for the file you upload. However, this isn’t always meaningful to students. You are able to change the title of the content topic associated with your file as well as adding additional descriptive information to any uploaded document.
You can use this same process to change the name of files, links, and HTML pages.
- Sign in to D2L, navigate to your classroom, and click on Content on the gray navigation bar.
- Click the drop down arrow next to the file whose name you want to change. Choose Edit Properties In-Place.
- You are now looking at the content topic in editing mode. To edit the title, click on the title of the document. You can then edit the title by typing new information into the title box.
- When you are finished editing the title, hit Enter on your keyboard and your changes will be saved.
- You will still be looking at your topic in Edit mode. To return to the regular view of the Content tool, reload the page by holding down CTRL + R on your keyboard for a PC, or Command + R on a Mac.
Guide based on D2L 10.3