Once you sign into a WebEx meeting you can easily turn your microphone or webcam on and off.
It is common courtesy to turn your microphone off if you are not presenting. This helps reduce background noise for all participants.
Also, please do not turn your webcam on unless it is needed. This uses extra bandwidth and can make the session operate slowly.
How to turn your microphone and webcam on or off in a WebEx meeting
- In the participants panel you will see your name and the names of the other participants.
- To turn your microphone on, click on the microphone symbol. It will be gray when your mic is on.
- To turn off your microphone, click the gray microphone symbol. It will be gray when your mic is off.
- Turning on and off your webcam works the same way. Click the webcam icon to turn it on.
- The participant’s panel will adjust to show the webcam video. When someone speaks their video will be shown in the full panel. When you are not speaking your video will be minimized in the corner.
- To turn off your webcam, click the camera icon again.