Remember all the questions in the same random section must have the same point value. If you want to add questions worth a different number of points you should create another random section and import these new questions. Then, order the random sections in your quiz however you would like them to appear.
How to crate random section quizzes from multiple Question Library sections
- Click on Quizzes on the gray navigation bar.
- On the Manage Quizzes tab, click New Quiz.
- Give your quiz a name and then click Add/Edit Questions.
- Click New and then click Random Section
- Give your random section and name and then click Save at the bottom of the page.
- Click on the title of your new random section.
- In the top left corner, click Import
- You will now choose the section from the Question Library that you would like to draw your questions from. Under Source Section, use the dropdown menu to choose the section you would like to import your questions from.
Note: You can perform this action several times to import from different Question Library sections into the same quiz random section.
- The questions from within the question library section you chose will be displayed on the page. Click the checkboxes next to the questions you want to import.
Note: You can click on the question itself to preview the whole question and the possible answers.
- When you have chosen all the questions you want to import, click Save on the bottom of the page.
- If you would like to import more questions into this section, repeat steps 9-10 as many times as you would like. You can choose questions from as many Question Library sections as you would like and import them into the same random section.
- Once you have chosen and saved all the questions you want to import into this section, set the number of questions from the random section you want displayed each quiz.
Enter this number at the top of the Quiz Add/Edit Questions screen
- Click Save to make sure you have saved all your changes.
- Click Done Editing Questions in the top right to exit the random section.
- You have now created one random section in a quiz with questions pulled from different sections in the Question Library. You can click Add/Edit Questions to add as many more questions and more random sections as you would like.